Monday, February 1, 2016

Your Tiger Stadium Memories: In Blog Form

Recently, I killed some time at my favorite watering hole and shared my most memorable trip to Tiger Stadium. To be sure, it wasn’t the best day in Detroit Tigers or MLB history, but it stood out as an experience I won’t forget until the dementia settles in.

The ballpark has been gone for a while now, but I (properly) assumed that my Twitter followers would have a say or two about their own memories of “The Corner”, and I’m happy to share some of what was thrown my way.

Here goes:

This was the first submission via Twitter. The response to me was likely twice as fast as the average Frank Tanana curveball.

This might be the most Detroit tweet I received on this subject.


This one sounds more like a law firm than a triple play combo.

If you can't beat Nolan Ryan by conventional means, just use furniture. Because it just doesn't matter.

I'm still awaiting verification on this one...

When you see Al Kaline, you should say hi, at least...
 
Prince's dad makes an appearance.

Being young tweets:



Bleacher creature tweets:


(Yeah, that sounds like a party.)

How about some home runs...


Hashtag: humblebrag.

This person had quite a few to choose from, so I just picked my favorite one...

A couple of non-Tiger mentions...


Let's end with the memorable smell of "food".

Quite the mix of memories, here. Mostly good ones, I might add. Perhaps in a handful of years we'll discuss some fond memories of Comerica Park. Of course, nothing "fond" truly started until 2006, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment